Re: Install Oracle8.0.5 on NT

From: dale booher <dbooher_at_speedchoice.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 21:31:21 -0700

I'm not sure which version of 8.x you are running. However, there is a Java bug in several of the versions. This may sound strange, but it works! In order for several of the Java based applications to work properly, you have to set your screen resolution to 256. Anything else and the appears not to start.

You can tell if this is your problem but looking in the task manager after trying to start the app. You will see a Java process running and using up to 99% of your CPU. However, the priority is so low that it does not appear to affect the overall performance of the box.

Give the above a shot - I know it has solved the problem on several of the dba workstations.

DB
Sr Oracle DBA
Phx, AZ