Re: finding grants to roles - Urgent

From: Dante <dnotari_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 11:17:06 GMT

Brian,
 look for static views which contain ROLE or GRANT

 eg

  SELECT * FROM ALL_OBJECTS WHERE OBJECT_NAME     LIKE '%ROLE%';  You will get a lot of views you can use.

 Also ... you might consider using the Enterprise   Manager with the Change Management Pack, with which   you can propagate changes from one DB to another   easily.

 Or ... you use a CASE Tool like Oracle Designer to    design and maintain your DB structure. It is able    to generate "reconcile" files which would change your    schema so it matches the one in the Designer.

Regards
Dante

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Thu May 13 1999 - 06:17:06 CDT