Install on Linux fails to create database ORA-06413

From: Geoff Dawson <geoff.dawson_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: 13 May 1999 11:20:14 GMT

I am trying to install on Red Hat 5.2 and the create of the default ORCL database is failing running svrmgrl. All the necessary files have been installed into the oradata/ORCL directory and I assume it is trying to register the database. If I run svrmgrl manually it immediately reports ORA-06413: Connection not open.

I have seen various previous references to this problem and have tried suggested solutions. I have followed Tom Bissett's excellent installation instructions (thanks Tom) and have checked the following:

Can anybody suggest what the the problem might be or what the error code ORA-06413 is trying to tell me.

Thanks Received on Thu May 13 1999 - 06:20:14 CDT