hp-ux oracle 8.0.4 install error - libc.2 not found?

From: greg roody <gnr_at_pop.ma.ultranet.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 16:12:15 -0400

HP 10.20, Oracle 8.0.4

I've configured all of preinstallation elements and when I try to run 'orainst', I get the following error:

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: libc.2
/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
./orainst[230]: 2513 Abort

I've done several similar installs on solaris and not seen this error. the file it's calling out, libc.2, isn't anywhere on the system so it's not even a matter of updateing shlib_path.

Thanks,

/greg