Please help. Pro*COBOL.

From: Kim Romeo <kromeo_at_contemptech.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 16:21:04 -0400

I must be losing my mind. This problem seems so easy yet I cannot figure out what the problem is.
I'd appreciate any help I can get.

I have this section of code that works fine on one system and gets an error (ORA 900 - invalid SQL statement) on another system. I've animated the code on both systems and find on the newer system there is no space between BEGIN and OWNERNAME.

Here's the code:

           EXEC SQL PREPARE my_procedure FROM
                BEGIN
                     OWNERNAME.PROCEDURE_NAME(:b1, :b2 );
                END;
           END-EXEC.

Works on this system:
AIX version 3.2.5
Pro*COBOL: Release 1.5.9.0.1 (Oracle 7.0.15) statement that runs: BEGIN OWNERNAME.PROCEDURE_NAME(:B1,:B2);END; the only space is between BEGIN and OWNERNAME

Doesn't work on this system:
AIX version 4.3
Pro*COBOL: Release 1.8.4.0.0 (Oracle 7.3.4) statement that runs: BEGINOWNERNAME.PROCEDURE_NAME(:B1,:B2);END; no spaces at all, and I get an error ORA 900 - invalid SQL statement I am sure the stored procedure is created and I have access to it. If I

change the statement before the calls to Oracle to include a space between BEGIN and OWNERNAME then it does not return an error. Received on Mon May 10 1999 - 15:21:04 CDT