Re: Bitmapped Index

From: Christopher M. Day <christopher.day_at_rdbms.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 23:20:03 +0100

jaishreeb,

All the books I've found only touch the surface with bitmap indexes. No one really seems to understand the benefits or present comparisons to to likes of the old SybaseIQ or M204.

There was however a paper presented at Oracle OpenWorld'98 by George Lumpar which is the most detailed paper from a technical perspective.

Try http://www.oracle.com/oow/owa/search.presesp

Then Track = 'Oracle For Transaction Processing and Datawarehouses' Abstract = 'Contains' 'bitmap index'

The paper is #123.

Chris.