Re: WHERE IN query

From: Joerg Leute <leute_at_itdesign.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 23:54:23 +0200

Hi Thomas

Thanks for your hint, but your query refers on the same table. Mine selects from a different table with different field-lenghts. Actually none of all queries on this thread did what i wanted. I guess the problem will be solved with my new Oracle 7.3.4 version.
What i found out until now:
the query
select * from table1 where (id, name) in (select id2,name2 from table2) did not work because the "where in" statement could not compare the name column since it's varchar2.
the query
select * from table1 where (id, soundex(name)) in (select id2,soundex(name2) from table2)
worked because the soundex function converted the name to numbers

Joerg Received on Mon Apr 26 1999 - 16:54:23 CDT