Newbie: Large data sets

From: PM Hornsby <P.M.Hornsby_at_lboro.ac.uk>
Date: 19 Apr 1999 18:16:00 GMT

I'm new to ORACLE, so please be gentle...I'm writing a system to store and search code. As I understand it, if I were to use a char data type for a code field, I would be very restricted in the size i could have the code data. So...what I need to know is howto best handle 'large' text data sets while still allowing searching. Just some general pointers in the right direction would be welcome.

TIA,
Pete Received on Mon Apr 19 1999 - 13:16:00 CDT