VB - ADO 2.1 - Oracle Server bug?

From: Patrick Nance <pnance_at_worldDESPAMOnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 14:08:42 -0400

Ok, hopefully this is a known problem and you guys will jump all over this one with suggestions... For I know I can't be the only one having this problem.

I have a Oracle 8 Table defined similar to this:

TableExample
-ID number(9) primary key,
-Name varchar2(30),
-Phone varchar2(30)

The key there is the column defined NUMBER(9).

From VB I have an app that selects rows from the table using ODBC and ADO 2.

This Select statement will work :
Select Name, Phone from TableExample

This Select Statement will return NO records: Select ID, Name, Phone from TableExample

If I execute the same query in ODBC Test, ACCESS or anything else it returns the records correctly.

IF I change the table definition so that the column ID is defined NUMBER without a precision parameter, then it works fine.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Patrick Nance
www.ColonialTech.com Received on Mon Apr 19 1999 - 13:08:42 CDT