Re: Commit for a single table?

From: Hannes Lechner <hannes_at_lechner.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 07:57:39 GMT

> What do you mean "for the sake of transactions I don't want many commits"?
> Commits are almost 0 overhead...

sure - sorry i wasn't clear enough:
there are no performace issues at all (at least at the moment...)! the major problem is/was: a rather complicated DB-project with many clients and lot's of tranactions (which may often fail --> rollback) on the other hand i need interproc communication which sould be carried out by an oracle-package - here i need immediate commits for the IPC-table(space)
this would ruin my well organized(?) transaction scheme...

am i clearer now?!

thnks,
Hannes Received on Mon Apr 19 1999 - 02:57:39 CDT