Re: Commit for a single table?

From: Rudy Zung <_spamkill_zungr_at_prograph-inc.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:42:04 -0400

Hannes Lechner wrote in message <7f5cqt$q8m_at_fstgal00.tu-graz.ac.at>...
>Hi!
>
>is there any way of performing a COMMIT on a single table only (i.e.
w/o
>also commiting changes to the rest of the tables)?
>
>or is it possible to maybe have two (or more) independent
table-spaces (or
>simmilar) in a database so that a connection to a specific db-space
only
>commits all tables in this table-space - leaving all others
untouched?

There is a new feature in Oracle 8i called AUTONOMOUS TRANSACTIONS that might be what you want. (Unfortunately, I haven't used Oracle 8, and all I caught was a very short blurb in April 1999 Oracle Developer (http://www.pinpub.com) so I can't give you any more information.

...Ru Received on Fri Apr 16 1999 - 12:42:04 CDT