AIX Cluster Install Question

From: Rich Goldkamp <RJGoldka_at_dcss.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 23:15:33 -0600

We're trying to install Oracle Enterprise Edition 8.0.3 on a single-processor node within an RS/6000 cluster. We're running AIX version 4.1.2, and we have no intention of running OPS or using raw devices.

As the install proceeds ("Install New Product -- Do Not Create DB Objects"), we respond NO to an OPS install question, indicating that we want to install on "this node only". The next screen we are presented with is asking for a "GMS_QUERY_FILE" which "must point to a user-defined raw device accessible to all the nodes on which you intend to run Oracle Parallel Server". Is this correct? What are we expected to enter here to move past this point in the installation?

Any and all insight appreciated.

Rich Goldkamp
Digital Consulting & Software Services
rjgoldka_at_dcss.com
(504) 523-5005 Voice Mail x2736 Received on Mon Mar 22 1999 - 23:15:33 CST