Re: Slow package execution for testing

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 10:41:16 +0800

You could use DBMS_LOCK.SLEEP routine, which as the package suggests, causes the application to goto sleep for a set period of time (in Seconds), but while this happens, the CPU is not being used.

The only other option I can think off, is to use a FOR LOOP that queries the database ie DUAL a number of times.

Andrew