Oracle <-> Word 97 read only problem

From: Christopher Latta <clatta_at_ozemail.com.auX>
Date: 22 Feb 1999 02:27:17 GMT

I am attempting to insert data into Formfields in Word 97 from an Oracle 8.0.4.0 database. I can get the data from the database and insert it into the document with no problem.

I use the following connect string in VBA:

Dim dbOracle as Database

Set dbOracle = OpenDatabase("", dbDriverNoPrompt, False, "ODBC;DSN=OracleODBC;DBA=W;UID=MyName;PWD=MyPassword")

When I try to save the data back, I get a read-only error when I try to Edit the recordset opened on this database.

My code was working with another ODBC driver.

Am I missing something, or can I connect using the native Oracle driver?

Christopher Latta Received on Sun Feb 21 1999 - 20:27:17 CST