oracle db for an internet application

From: David Spaisman <davedba_at_intercall.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 19:55:50 -0800

Hello:

 We have an application-- online credit-- that we will be deploying though hosting on an ISP on an application server and a database server. The application will be set up shortly but I will know more background information on Tuesday.

What I am wonderng is:

1)As an internet app, what considerations andcriteria do I use to set values in the initialization file? How do I guestimate how many concurent users? And so how will I determine the sort areasize? How many bd_buffers? What size shared pool?

2) What other considerations do I need to weigh?

Any information that you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

DAvid Spaisman Received on Sun Feb 21 1999 - 21:55:50 CST