How do you insert into a LONG datatype?

From: Sean Dolan <sean_at_3si.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 09:40:54 -0700

I have a table that has a LONG datatype column. I have an SQL statement that has a very long string (3200 characters to be exact), but when I try to insert it into the table, I get an ORA-01704: String too long error.

How do I get a very long string into a LONG datatype through an SQL statement?

Thanks,
Sean Dolan
sean_at_3si.com Received on Mon Jan 04 1999 - 10:40:54 CST