Re: Table that exists only in memory

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 3 Jan 1999 21:35:14 GMT

On Sun, 03 Jan 1999 05:07:19 GMT, robertch_at_mindspring.com (Robert Chung) wrote:

>I need a table that does not interact with hard disk but is stored
>only in memory for performance boost. I will be modifying this table
>big time, but never commit.

I don't think that Oracle supports any type of "in memory" table. Have you thought about using a package together with PL/SQL tables? Package variables are persistant, and you can pin a package in memory. PL/SQL tables give you array-like access to data. Will that work for what you are doing? Let me know. I can help you more if you like.

Jonathan Received on Sun Jan 03 1999 - 15:35:14 CST