Re: How to get the oracle SID name ?

From: <suisum_at_ecn.ab.ca>
Date: 3 Jan 99 22:18:35 GMT

Thank you for pointing this out.

If I do not have DBA rpivilege, how can I know all SID/instance name in all Oracle databases?

Jonathan Gennick (gennick_at_worldnet.att.net) wrote:
: The name returned by v$database may or may not be the
: service name that you see in the TNSNAMES.ORA file. Also,
: I'm not entirely certain that the name in v$database, and
: the SID are entirely the same thing. I believe that they can
: be different.

: Jonathan

: On 3 Jan 99 18:30:43 GMT, suisum_at_ecn.ab.ca () wrote:

: >select name from V$database;
: >
: >Adrian (adrian.moor_at_swol.de) wrote:
: >: Hi everybody,
: >
: >: does enybody know, how to get the oracle SID-ALIAS name (alias for the
: >: instance from the tnsnames.ora file)
: >: from a PLSQL programm or from sqlplus ?

--
Best regards, Received on Sun Jan 03 1999 - 16:18:35 CST