Re: Table that exists only in memory

From: John Akright <akrighjb_at_ci.richmond.va.us>
Date: 4 Jan 1999 13:54:01 GMT

You may try altering your table to a CACHE table

alter table <table_name> cache;

tables marked as CACHE will be kept in the SGA longer. They're put in Most recently used
blocks even if they're accessed via full table scans.

Alternatively, you can use HINTS in your SQL to cache tables.

You only want to do this with small tables (what's a small table?).

John

Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote in article <3692deaa.1824529_at_netnews.worldnet.att.net>...