Re: problems with national language support

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 12:38:15 +0100

Mirana wrote:

> I have problems with support for Croatian language in Personal Oracle7 for
> Windows95.
> I set parameter NLS_LANG in Regedit to CROATIAN_CROATIA.8MSWIN1250, the
> windows 95 language is set to Croatian, as well as keyboard, but I still
> can not get Croatian letters in database.

Did you create the database to accept this, or do you use the starter database, that th einstaller will create for you? If the latter is the case, it is created in either US7ASCII, or WE8ISO8859P1 (I think the last one). You will have to (re-)create your database - there's no way of changing the characterset of an existing database (at least, not an official way)

Have a terrific 1999! Received on Wed Dec 30 1998 - 05:38:15 CST