Re: populate Oracle from Access

From: Brian Lavender <brian_at_brie.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 07:04:53 GMT

Get yourself a copy of perl ported for windoze. Read through Jeff's examples. That should get you going. You can talk to access and oracle simultaneously. This way you can massage the data if you need to when making the transition. I have a copy script at work. If you need more info I can post that once I go back to work.

brian

Brian Lavender
Sacramento, CA
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"If a train station is where the train stops, what is a workstation?" -- Phil Adamson

Jeff Urlwins DBI example page
http://www.access.digex.net/~jurlwin/

perl for win32 (Gurusamy Port)
ftp://ftp.archive.de.uu.net/pub/CPAN/ports/win95/Standard/x86/perl5.00402-bindist04-bc.tar.gz