Re: Connecting to Linux Oracle through ODBC

From: Brian Lavender <brian_at_brie.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 06:48:47 GMT

You need SQL*Net installed on your client. My guess is your are trying to look at your Oracle database from a windoze machine. If you can use SQL Plus on your windoze machine then you have sql net. My guess is that sql net for windoze does not come with the Linux Oracle distribution.

HTH, brian

On Mon, 28 Dec 1998 23:37:40 -0600, <brendan_conner_at_ibm.net> wrote:

>Has anyone sucessfully created an ODBC DSN to connect to Oracle for Linux?
>When I try to do it, my ODBC driver says I need to install the Oracle client
>software. However, I can't find any Oracle client software on my Oracle for
>Linux CD-ROM.
>
>- Brendan

Brian E. Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"For every complex problem, there is
a solution that is simple, neat, and
wrong." -- H. L. Mencken Received on Tue Dec 29 1998 - 00:48:47 CST