Re: How does Access 97 rate as a front end?

From: Marc Cooperman <mcooperman_at_teleran.com>
Date: 1998/12/16

Access does not behave in a scalable manner.

We've analyzed the sql activity it generates while a user browses the database and found that
(a) it tends to fetch every row of a table 1 row at a time (possibly ODBC default)
(b) it fetches only what is viewable, resulting in re-fetching activity as the user navigates the scroll bar.

(b) could be considered 'good' behvior if your result sets are large, and the user will not keep them up and constantly scroll back and forth.

those are the two most obvious issues.

Marc Cooperman
Director of Technology
Teleran Technologies, L.P.
(973) 781-9699 x207
http://www.teleran.com
ramonherrera_at_hotmail.com wrote in message
<7569rk$ks6$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>My question is:
>
>How does Access 97 rate as a front end?
>
>My manager and I are exploring options regarding how we'll deal with an
Oracle