Re: How does Access 97 rate as a front end?

From: Van Nieuwenhuyse <van_nieuwenhuyse_luytens_at_online.be>
Date: 1998/12/17

It's not only Access97 that makes the bottleneck but ODBC.

If your goal is to do some querying or reporting on the oracle database, and your users are used to wait for minutes in front of their pc, I would say GO.

If you have mission critical applications, where transaction processing is a must I would consider more than twice to say GO.

Oracle Developer tools are not cheap but the integrate perfectly with the database. And most important in case of troubles there's only one supplier involved, and this supplier (Oracle) has a more than perfect custumer service.

ramonherrera_at_hotmail.com heeft geschreven in bericht <7569rk$ks6$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>My question is:
>
>How does Access 97 rate as a front end?
>
>My manager and I are exploring options regarding how we'll deal with an
 Oracle