Re: Row level security in Oracle 8 ??

From: Mark Wagoner <mwagoner_at_no.spam.iac.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:31:41 GMT

On Fri, 11 Dec 1998 11:20:48 +0100, "Stephen Vear" <vears_at_logica.com> wrote:

>Can someone tell me whether there is any row level security in Oracle8 - eg
>set up a profile so that client XYZ has access to the sales table but only
>for records where the 'client' field is 'XYZ'.
>
>If this is possible i would appreciate a link to an appropriate technical
>resource / white paper
>
>TIA
>
>Stephen Vear
>vears_at_logica.com

At Open World they mentioned 8i will have row level security. It is essentially a SELECT trigger that returns a WHERE clause. This is added the the original query to filter out the rows the user should not see.

I don't know if any more info is available on Oracle web site or not.

--
Mark Wagoner
To reply, remove no.spam from my e-mail address Received on Fri Dec 11 1998 - 07:31:41 CST