Creating scripts

From: Bret <bret.hill_at_tstnet.com.nospam>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 10:19:51 -0400

We have a client with an Oracle 7 database. I do not have access to the manuals, so forgive me if this question is very basic. I need to know if the following is possible, and generally how it is done so that I can present a solution to my team.

Our client uses an Oracle database, and we need to build their table/index structure on our in-house, non-Oracle database. I need to know a command from Oracle that would produce a text script of all of a particular user's tables, indexes, stored procedures, triggers, etc, so that I can create the same structure in our database by running the script. I would also like to dump their data into a text file for importing into our database.

Does the enterprise manager provide these functions? What about command line utilities? I appreciate any info provided.

Bret Received on Wed Oct 14 1998 - 09:19:51 CDT