Re: Creating scripts

From: Michael Krolewski <vandra_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 14:40:37 -0700

There are no simple ways of getting all the tables and columns. It is possible to write SQL to extract in an intelligent manner this information but few of us have bothered to write or use it.

A good alternative is TechnoSolution SQLNavigator (about $600) which is a high end developer front end to Oracle. It has an extract DLL function embedded in it.

A second choice is TOAD. (Tool for Oracle Application Development , i think). It is freeware
available at www.toadsoft.com. It has many of these features. If all else fails you can open each
table and copy / paste the ifnormation out of the windows.

Happy hunting.

Mike Krolewski