Re: Creating scripts

From: Kevin Kirkpatrick <kjk_at_hrb.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 11:26:29 -0400

There are a lot of factors that come into play here. It sounds to me like you have Oracle Client running which will allow you to use ODBC drivers to get that data into MS-Access. As far as the tables, yes, you can get all of that data into a text file (comma separated, or whatever). The way I would go about that (and have gone about this) is to import the table into MS-Access. Once you do this you can convert the Access table into a comma separated or fixed width file. Of course, with this, you would loose all your referential integrity constraints. There is a command that will allow you to create a text file of ALL this (triggers, procedures, indexes, etc.) called EXP which is short for export, but this will probably not work for what you are doing, because as far as I know the EXP is only for migrating data between different versions of Oracle. I would be surprised if there was something that converted all of that over to another database, especially the procedures.

Good luck, hope that helps a little
Kevin