Rollback segments / ORA-1562 / ORA1628

From: Nick Lehane <lehanen_at_logica.com>
Date: 13 Oct 1998 16:14:21 GMT

Hi everyone,

I am porting across an updated version of data into an Oracle database using Data Manager, which requires the current tables to be empty.

Upon deleting records from these tables I am getting the above error messages. For example I have a table called Reference with 77,000 rows.

When I delete these I get the following errors:

delete from reference;
error at line 1:

ORA-1562 failed to extend rollback segment number 4 ORA-01628 max # extents (121) reached for rollback segment RB3

These errors come after about 10 minutes which is very strange. I haven't created any rollback segments and I don't know much about them. Could anyone suggest what I should do to make my database work again?

Many thanks in advance,

Nick Lehane

PS You can reply directly to LehaneN_at_logica.com Received on Tue Oct 13 1998 - 11:14:21 CDT