Re: Rollback segments / ORA-1562 / ORA1628

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 19:15:28 GMT

You have four options: 1. If this is an ongoing daily event (deleting from a table), then increase the size of your current rollback segments. ALTER ROLLBACK SEGMENT "RB3" STORAGE ( NEXT 2M OPTIMAL 3M ); Please replace NEXT and OPTIMAL to your enviroment needs. Also, this must be done to every rollback segment. 2. Create a huge rollback segment and assign it to your session. 3. Use Truncate instead of delete. Truncate deletes the records without going through the redo log buffer. Truncate is unreversable, so use extreme caution. 4. Alter your rollback segments to have a higher/unlimited number of extents. To do this, you must set the parameter unlimited_rollback_segments to equal true (=TRUE) in your init<sid>.ora file.

Good Luck,
Satar

--
Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin