Re: Are stored procedures faster than straight SQL?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_ictgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 12:38:08 -0400

Hi Tom,

    I was under the impression that once a dynamic sql query was parsed it was held in the SGA and was not parsed again unless the SGA was flushed or, based on some type of least recently used algorithm, the query was flushed. If that is the case the only difference in performance would be on the first execution of the query.

    This raises another issue -- is the time savings significant enough to matter?

regards

Jerry

tomscott_at_nospam.abac.com wrote in message <3623695d.89139016_at_news1.abac.com>...
>> I am "but a newbie" to the world of Oracle and am wondering if Stored
Procedures are faster than sending a straight line SQL command to query an Oracle 7.3.4 database and why?