Re: OWAS ......WEB Deployment

From: Simon Redmond <prot_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 09:26:48 +0100

I'm involved in a project at present developing a forms application using the developer server package. As far as your scalability issues are concerned I don't think you'll have to worry much there, as far as my experience goes. The reason being......

At first we didn't have the development environment in place and did all our prototyping/development as client server, once we got the environment in place we moved over to the web server deployment without any changes (obviously there were limitations as to what can be displayed over the web, but we didn't have to change anything). Not a single headache, I was most surprised! One thing I would say if you are thinking of deploying over the web is try to get the applet made 'sticky' and of course theres the issue with firewalls, but we're still investigation that one. I'm lead to believe the reports side is pretty much the same, although that side of our project is just beginning to kick off and I haven't been involved as much with that....... yet!

If you have any specific questions I would be glad to help, but you would have to email me as I don't often get the chance to check back here Jim Willeke wrote in message <361CAEF8.F3605C0E_at_richnet.net>...