OWAS ......WEB Deployment

From: Jim Willeke <jwilleke_at_richnet.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 08:24:24 -0400

I am working on a feasibility study to deploy an application on an Intranet and Internet basis that would access an Oracle8 database. One of our desired objectives is to not have to touch the client. The application is currently running in Client/server using Forms and Reports.
I was wondering what people are doing currently?

Anyone using the "Forms Server" to an Applet? My understanding is that this can be done over the WEB without redoing the Forms. I am curious about scalability?

Anyone using the "Reports Server"
Likewise, as I understand it, this can be done without redoing the reports. How scalable?

Any input or ideas would be appreciated. -jim