Re: help!! Problem with TCP/IP listener for Personal Oracle8

From: Jeremy Russell <jeremyr_at_no-spam-today-thanks.dircon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 13:22:59 GMT

Nope - you're not stupid, neither are you alone in this problem. Firstly, what OS are you using (Win95 or 98)? And 2nd, exactly what version of PO8 are you using?

I managed to get PO8.0.3 working with Forms 4.5 on Win95, only after buying a book with a trial version of PO7.3.x and installing that first, then re-installing PO8.0.3 on top of it - it was something missing in the required support files. You also need to use the listener entry name as the database connect string (tcp-loopback for example).

For Win98, you definitely need PO8.0.4 - the .3 version doesn't work - I have a further document describing the Win98 setup and I can assure you it works just fine. Mail me if necessary.

HTH JR