Can we send a list of parameters to backend procedure?

From: <kabilang_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 16:43:30 GMT

Can we send a list as a parameter to backend procedure? (something like an array which can be opened and read in the backend procedure) Requirement : A entire set of selected values need to be sent as parameters to backend procedure in Oracle 7.3 Situation : The procedure has a 3 parameters and I have a long list of calls to make from the front end with different combinations. Problem Faced : If some 200 procedure calls(3 arguments per call) are to be made, then the system gets too slow. Question : Can I send all the sets of parameters in a single stroke from the calling point in the D2K frontend so that the network traffic is minimised and the response time is less ? Thanks for reading mine. Please help me.