Transaction Management in PL/SQl

From: <kabilang_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 16:35:34 GMT

One of our functions in Oracle PL/SQL requires that it calls a coverup procedure. This procedure in turn calls a lot of procedures in different packages. Now the requirement is only if all the procedures work perfectly without getting into the Exception block (of the respective procedures) at all, we need to commit the transaction. Otherwise the transaction must be rolled back. Now, the problem is how to monitor whether a nested procedure call has been completed without getting into the Exception block. Now what happens is it goes to WHEN OTHERS Exception handler and then comes out successfully. This is against the requirement. Can anyone help me how to monitor whether a nested procedure call has been executed without going to the Exception block. I'll be thankful. Yours GK