Oracle Database Setup

From: Wallace B. McClure <wallym_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 13:47:30 -0400

Hello all,

I have installed Oracle 8 onto a WindowsNT system. I can connect to the ORCL sid fine. I have used the database assistant to create a db called ABC. From that, and service is created and is running. When I attempt to connect to the ABC sid, I recieve an error stating that the TNS:listener could not find the service, or something along those lines. How do I diagnose this problem? What are the steps to solving it? I have looked through documentation and several books and when I attempt to go through the database creation process as outlined, I recieve the same error message. Any help is appreciated.

Wally Received on Sat Sep 19 1998 - 12:47:30 CDT