No mutating table with an update of the same table in a trigger?

From: Jean-Luc <jeanluc_at_zap.a2000.nl>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 18:07:58 +0200

Hello everybody,

A while back I was strolling through the database, when I encountered a before-row-insert
trigger on a table. In it, there was an update statement of the same table the trigger was
linked to. I was convinced that this would lead to an mutating table, but it didn't.

Does anyone have a rule about when a trigger excepts with a mutating table (and when not)?

Greetings, Jean-Luc Received on Tue Sep 01 1998 - 11:07:58 CDT