Problem with Cron to access oracle

From: Johnny Tjokro <tjokroj_at_ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 22:21:27 -0700

Hi ..
I am expecting to run stored_procedure in ORACLE using cronjob and I have to use cronjob. I am not allowed to used DBMS_JOB.

I have Korn-shell script that have no problem running manually. But, when I put my Korn Shell script in the Cron. It got problem.

My Korn Shell script's name is : daily.ksh

When I excecute this script from Unix prompt: $ daily.ksh
It works just fine.

daily.ksh

#!/bin/ksh
#
#

umask 0

  sqlplus user_at_database_name/paswd
    set serveroutput on;
    execute sp_daily;
    exit;
EOF

However, when I put it in Cron,

crontab -l
0 17 * * 1-5 /export/home/daily.ksh

It gives me message : sqlplus not found.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much. Received on Fri Aug 07 1998 - 00:21:27 CDT