Re: Problem with Cron to access oracle

From: Ms. D.H. Harvey <qq45_at_liverpool.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 14:26:20 GMT

Johnny Tjokro (tjokroj_at_ibm.net) wrote:
: Hi ..
: I am expecting to run stored_procedure in ORACLE using cronjob and I
: have to use cronjob. I am not allowed to used DBMS_JOB.

: I have Korn-shell script that have no problem running manually.
: But, when I put my Korn Shell script in the Cron. It got problem.

: My Korn Shell script's name is : daily.ksh

: When I excecute this script from Unix prompt:
: $ daily.ksh
: It works just fine.

: daily.ksh

: #!/bin/ksh
: #
: #
: umask 0

: sqlplus user_at_database_name/paswd
: set serveroutput on;
: execute sp_daily;
: exit;
: EOF

: -------

: However, when I put it in Cron,

: crontab -l
: 0 17 * * 1-5 /export/home/daily.ksh

: It gives me message : sqlplus not found.

: Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

When a cron job is run it does not set up any user profile ie no ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID etc.. You must set this up via the script that cron runs.

Helen Received on Fri Aug 07 1998 - 09:26:20 CDT