Re: User setup

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 18:26:17 GMT

"John Bester" <johnb_at_iconnect.co.za> wrote:

>I want to create a user that must default to the table space of another
>user. eg. I log in as ME and want to select data from a table created by
>SOMEBODYELSE and I do not want to type SELECT * FROM SOMEBODYELSE.ANYTABLE -
>I want to be able to do it without specifying SOMBODYELSE. Can I do this,
>and how do I set it up?
>
>--
>John Bester
>johnb_at_iconnect.co.za

It's not another tablespace, it's another schema.... To do this create a synonym : ( while logged in as user with rights to somebodyelse.table_name )
Create (public) synonym table_name for sombodyelse.table_name Grant .... on table_name to ME

Then you need only refer to the new synonym 'table_name' to access the somebodyelse.table_name

Hope it helps,
( ps read up on synonyms, they are very handy....) Received on Thu Aug 06 1998 - 13:26:17 CDT