Re: OWAREPL Upload.exe utility

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 23:41:55 GMT

A copy of this was sent to tcreedon_at_my-dejanews.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 28 Jul 1998 20:22:48 GMT, you wrote:

>Tom,
>
>Thanks for the reply and sorry for the typo and confusion. I am trying to
>unload images from the db to the filesystem. I have tried it as you suggested
>and it keeps erroring out as if I am not supplying the proper number of args.
>Also, would the fact that I compiled it using Oci80 affect it in any way.

Ok, say you are using the IMAGE table as I would create with the owarepl cartridge, the command line:

C:\> unload joe/smoe_at_mydb "select name, image from image"

should do it (DOS uses "parameter value" -- double quote -- to make a string a single parameter...)

If not, cut and paste the error message and email me directly. I've used this with oci80 myself, no change in code.

Oh, and I just noticed in my code that I have:

    /* if (odefin(&cda, 1, ucp, UCP_SIZE, 24, -1, */     if (odefin(&cda, 1, ucp, UCP_SIZE, 8, -1,

               &indp, (text *) 0, 0, -1, &retl, &rcode))

and

        for( fetched = 0, ret_len = 1; ret_len; fetched += ret_len )
        {
            if (oflng(&cda, 1, ucp, UCP_SIZE,
                        /* 24, &ret_len, fetched ))  */
                        8, &ret_len, fetched ))
            {

If your source has that (in owai.c in src/unload) then I apologize. I occasionally use this to unload LONGS as well as long raws and I might have inadvertently posted a copy with the bind type set to 8 -- NOT 24 (8 is long, 24 is long raw).

If your owai.c in owarepl/src/unload has the above lines commented out and a similar line with 8 instead of 24 below it -- just change the 8 to 24 and rebuild....

>Thanks again for you assitance,
>
>Tom

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Tue Jul 28 1998 - 18:41:55 CDT