Re:OWAS

From: <suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 19 Jul 1998 20:57:53 GMT

Hi:

Yes, you will get this error when some variables/services in the windows registry has not been cleaned up. When you do the re-installation from scratch, I suggested that you have to clean up any Oracle products in the server.

  1. You need to run the Oracle Installer to uninstall any Oracle products in the server.
  2. Say 'No' to keep all the dependent objects/files. If you get error, please ignore and continue. Try to clean up the stuff as much as you can.
  3. After exit the Oracle Installer, go to delete the Oracle Home directory e.g. c:\orant. Clean up the trash to free up the space.
  4. Go to the windows registry (start|run|regedt32) to delete all Oracle services/environment variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and other registries.
  5. Reboot your machine.
  6. Then do the re-installation.

Best regards,

Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 16:44:02 PDT
From: bruce dang <bruce_dang_at_hotmail.com>

I found your message on the newsgroup regarding to install/deinstall sequence of Oracle Web Server, Oracle 8, Developer 2K, and Des2K. I'm trying to reinstall Oracle Web Server rel 3.0.1 but keep getting this error message:
"The instruction at "0x100912f8" referenced memory at "0x6f323377". The
memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the application Click on CANCEL to debug the application."

When I click on Cancel button, it came back with another message in debugger window

"Unhandled exception in ORAINST.EXE(OIEXEC.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access
Violation." Received on Sun Jul 19 1998 - 15:57:53 CDT