Re: Faster outer joins???

From: Winnie Liu <poohland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 19:58:51 -0700

I never heard that outer joins will not use any index. From what I see, since you are joining table1 against table2 and the + signs is on table2. So, it should use a row in table1 and compare with table 2 through an index on table 2. Try to force Oracle to use the rule based optimizer by select /*+rule */ ....

I hope that it will force Oracle to use the index on the table which has a + sign

Winnie LIu
poohland_at_hotmail.com