Replace carriage return with space

From: <madhu.moza1_at_jsc.nasa.gov>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 21:43:58 GMT

I am trying to create comma delimeted file from the oracle database. One of the columns in the table has text with carriage returns in it When I try to look at the output of the query file from eXcel, the text in that column is being treated as separate records. The eXcel file does not come out in the right format. I want to replace carriage returns with spaces. How will I do it using SQLPLUS functions. There is lot of data in the table and is entered by the users.

I need help as how to replace carriage returns in text with spaces.

Thank you
 Madhu Moza