Re: DROP COLUMN Oracle 7.3

From: Jeffery Cann <jcann_at_fairway.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 15:41:46 -0600

Here's a workaround:

Create a temporary table as a select statement of the current table without the column you want to drop. Then, drop the current table and rename the temporary table. Check out the Oracle SQL manual on 'subqueries' for exact syntax.

For example, dropping col4 from my_table:

create table temp_table(col1,col2,col3,col5) as select col1,col2,col3,col5 from my_table;

cheers

--
Jeffery Cann
Fairway Systems, Inc.