Re: sqlloader problem

From: Rohrbacher, Boris <rohbo_at_sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 21:13:17 +0200

Hi Alan Alan

I'm having a problem with the sqlload utility running on Solaris 2.6.

> Whenever it tries to write to the bad or discard file it encounters an
> error 523. The source file is a ebcdic file with a record length of
> 1300 characters. We ran a test using a ascii file with and varying
> record lengths and discovered that there is a limit of 270 characters
> before it fails writing to either the bad or discard file. Does anyone
> know how can I increase this limit?

Its hard to say whats going on as long as I don't know your control file. But anyway I guess that you ran into the default limit of 255 chars for a column
You can extent this by defining the column data type as in the following example for all columns that are 2k in size

LOAD DATA

        INFILE    *
        INTO TABLE  xxxx            APPEND
        FIELDS TERMINATED BY ';' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'
        (
         NR                                     ,
         ART                                    ,
         STATUS                                 ,
        PUBLIKATIONSART                        ,
         FACHGRUPPE                             ,
         LAND                                   ,
         ERSCHEINUNGSJAHR                       ,
         ISBN                                   ,
         ISSN                                   ,
         NUM_CURR                               ,
         SERIE__ZAEHLUNG_DER_SERIE              ,
         GROESSE_DES_WERKES                     ,
         VERF_HERAUSG_KOERPERSCHAFTEN           char(2000) terminated by
',' optionally enclosed by '"' ,
         SACHTITEL                              char(2000) terminated by
';' optionally enclosed by '"' ,
         ERSCHEINUNGSORT                        ,
         ANGABEN_ZUR_SERIE                      char(2000) terminated by
';' optionally enclosed by '"' ,
         ALS_HOCHSCHULSCHRIFT                   char(2000) terminated by
';' optionally enclosed by '"' ,
         UMF_PHYS_BESCHREIBUNG                  char(2000) terminated by
';' optionally enclosed by '"' ,
         VERLAG                                 ,
         SPRACHE                                ,
         AUFLAGE_AUSGABE                        ,
         VERFASSER_HERAUSGEBER_IN__ANS          ,
         SACHTITEL_IN_ANS                       ,
         ZUSAETZE_ZUM_SACHTITEL                 char(1000) terminated by
';' optionally enclosed by '"' ,
         NEBENTITEL                             char(1000) terminated by
';' optionally enclosed by '"' ,
         BEIGEFUEGTE_WERKE                      ,
         FUSSNOTEN                              ,
         KOERPERSCHAFTEN_IN_ANS                 ,
         GESAMTSACHTITEL_IN_ANS
        )

Regards
 Robo