Host commands from PL/SQL

From: calderproj <calderproj_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 09:27:47 -0700

Hello,

Does anybody know of a way of issuing host commands from withinn PL/SQL?

The problem is I have a directory in which there could be any number of files which I need to read in turn. I know of the UTL_FILE package but for that you need to know the file names. What I want is to be able to do an ls of the directory giving all the file names.

The host is Unix Solaris 2.6 using PL/SQL v2.3.

Cheers

MTP Received on Thu Jun 04 1998 - 11:27:47 CDT