Re: Host commands from PL/SQL

From: Mike Daniell <mike_at_helix.com.au>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 13:01:36 +1000

You will need to use the DBMS_PIPE package. OS commands can be executed by a Pro*C Daemon running on the server, which listens on a named Oracle DMBS pipe for commands from your PL/SQL. It can then return the results via another pipe.

The Oracle Application Developers Guide gives details and examples.

Regards,
Mike