Re: Access vs Oracle

From: Max Berle <no-spam.max.mberle_at_pironet.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 16:17:15 +0200

hi richard,

> A company that I have an interview for wish to migrate from Access to
> Oracle. I would be very interested to know what people generally see
> as the advantages/disadvantages of both.
>
> May be a list of 3-5 comparitive advatages/disadvantages of both would
> be interesting....

well oracle cant actually be compared to access because they are designed
to do different things:

	oracle			access
	database server		desktop database + frontend
	can handle mass data	can handle small data volumes
	professional tool	designed for small applications
	hard to handle		easy to handle

compared to oracle access is a toy ;-)

--
cu maxx

to reply just remove the no-spam. from my address Received on Fri Apr 24 1998 - 09:17:15 CDT